Friday, November 11, 2011

Stitching up Some Plaid

Some days I'm glad I only have time for a couple posts a week. It means I can post stuff that I actually have sun-lit photos of. Have I mentioned I hate winter? Have I also mentioned I hate the whole Daylight "Savings" rigmarole? Arg!

Anyway, to get me in a better mood let's talk polish! I've got a great one here today. I had been looking through all my untried polishes and trying to decide between the four Essie polishes I'd gotten for my birthday when I had a great idea: just use all of them! Well almost all, I didn't use Sexy Divide but I'll get to that eventually.

I decided to use In Stitches from the Fall 2010 collection as the base color:
Full sun

Shade

I never thought I'd love cremes as much as I do. Now I'm just about swimming in them! So of course then I had to come up with a nail art design. I remembered how much fun I had doing my orange plaid and decided that plaid would work quite nicely, especially considering the names of a couple of the polishes I was using.

Essie In Stitches, Sole Mate, Merino Cool, and OPI My Private Jet (version #5)

I used my striper brush to apply a line of Merino Cool down the length of each nail, then Sole Mate across the width. Next came MPJ down the middle and another stripe of Merino Cool across it. 

I love the simplicity and repetition of this and the pop of glitz from the MPJ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super cute girl! I am glad you went with the plaid!