Sunday, January 29, 2012

Julep NOTD Contest

This weekend I decided to try out the two Julep polishes I hadn't used yet since I got an email saying my February Maven box is on it's way. I also figured it would be a great excuse to make a mani to enter Julep's NOTD contest on Facebook. I decided to use Julep Anne as the base color. I really like the bright blue-purple of it but it was quite thick making application a bit difficult. I think I might put some thinner in there before I use it again. I really liked the semi-matte finish and was going to leave it without top coat but then I noticed little bubbles forming so I quickly got my OTD top coat on there to force the polish to dry faster. Still a bit sad about that.


Next I took Julep Heather and, using my french tip guides (haven't used those in a while!), I created a Ruffian (yes I know, I did it backwards) then stamped the chain design from Mash plate M-08 lengthwise down each nail.


I really like how the mani turned out but I do wish my camera would take better photos of the color purple. I had to do some serious color adjusting on these (thank goodness for DSLR cameras and Photoshop). Oh and before you go, feel free to stop on over and vote for my entry in Julep's NOTD contest! You can vote once every hour if you feel inclined to. And also, don't forget to "like" my new page over on Facebook!


No comments: