Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Nurse! I need a Doctor!

I had a LOT of fun with this manicure. I also got to test the school-glue-as-peel-off-basecoat method since I knew I was going to be using glitter. Huzzah for planning!

I used one coat of glue on my nails and let it dry completely before applying my regular base coat and two coats of Essie Skirting the Issue. Which, I might mention is THE perfect blood red jelly for Halloween manicures. I am so glad I bought this!

Then I used Orly Right Amount of Evil and topped with another coat of Skirting the Issue and top-coated with OTD top coat.

I waited about twelve hours before moving on to the next part of the manicure just to make sure everything was dry and set. With a toothpick and a cuticle pusher I then went to work peeling of the polish on my ring finger nails. I know, I know, I could have made everything simpler if I'd just skipped over those nails in the first place but I hadn't thought about the next little touch until I was already started. And besides, it gave me an excuse to test the glue-as-base-coat without ruining the entire mani.
 No nail damage!
All peeled off!

Peeling it off did take nearly as long as if I had just stuck my finger in acetone to soak the stuff off but it certainly resulted in less nail damage! Perhaps it would have been easier if I'd used two coats of glue.

After cleaning off the residual polish with remover I used my regular base coat and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Green Tea on my newly-bare nails. I decided to try out another glue tip and covered the area of my finger around my nails with glue in preparation for a bit of splatter. I did mention that Skirting the Issue is THE perfect blood red, right?
Prepped for splatter

Messy messy messy

 Left hand

Right hand


So now that my family officially thinks I'm strange . . . Oh who am I kidding, they already knew it! LOL! And yes, that is a syringe pen. I picked it up for a dollar at the Spirit Halloween store. I kind of smudged the red splatter on my left hand with the top coat but I think I like it better that way honestly. It makes it look more real.

No comments: