Sunday, January 22, 2012

Adventures in Stamping: Julep Selena

I apologize in advance for my swatch photo. Having two kids that are not yet school age tends to put some dings in my manicures and unfortunately that can often happen before I get a chance to take photos. Then when I'm planning to layer over a color I sometimes don't bother to fix the dings since, unless they're quite major, the layering polish tends to cover any imperfections. That said, here is Julep Selena, two coats. I got it in my penny box along with Boris & Nicole.


Next I layered it with two coats of Finger Painted Flashy:
 Shade

Sun

Then I stamped over it with Zoya Angelique and Mash-23 and added a coat of Essie As Gold as it Gets:

My stamping is definitely getting better. Still a little crooked, but better. And yes, I'll admit it, I redid a couple of these multiple times. I read a little tip somewhere saying to put down a top coat before stamping so that you could use a bit of polish remover to remove the stamping without damaging the rest of the mani and it really works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING that color and flakie combo!