Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rock Hard

Today I am going to show you my favorite polish for the year 2012. Yes, I know the year isn't anywhere near over yet. But even if the entire Jade holographic collection showed up in my mail box tomorrow this would STILL be my favorite polish of the year. What polish could possibly be that awesome? Answer: Nail-Venturous Lacquers Granite!

This is a white jelly base with white and copper hex glitters and micro black glitters. It applies like butter and I hardly had to do any special glitter placement to get the larger hexes distributed. I put this on and immediately fell in love.

Actually, I fell in love all over again. See, there's a bit of a story about this polish and me.

It started on Facebook.

Amy and I were talking and she showed me and a few other people a photo of one of her newest creations, a white jelly with copper and white hex glitters and micro-fine teal glitter. I said, and I quote, "OMGosh, you need to do this with black glitter instead of the teal! It would look exactly like granite!" She thought it was such a great idea she immediately made and swatched it and showed me the photo. 

Love. At. First. Sight.

Of course I had to get a bottle! 

And then I HAD to wear it when it got to me! 

And then I had another brilliant idea: matte top coat! If my nails resembled a polished counter-top with a glossy top coat then they would look like a water-rounded stone with the matte coat.

Oh. My. Gosh. Fantastic! 

And then: nail art!

I'm a bit of a nut for steampunk and I saw someone else do free handed cogs in a manicure so I said to myself, "if she can do it so can I!" And so I did. And I LOVE IT! <3

And of course after seeing these photos all I want to do is use Granite again! 

1 comment:

The Daily Lacquerista said...

I LOVE steampunk!! What a fantastic job with the cogs and such a good idea! I want to do that, too! <3