Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fashion's Night Out Nails

How many of you attended Fashion's Night Out? Did you know that the event isn't only located in NYC? That's right! There are 16+ countries with cities and towns that hold FNO events all over the world! And I'm lucky enough to live in one of those towns! Ok, so it wasn't anything near the extravaganza of NYC but it was still fun and who doesn't love an excuse to dress up?

And of course I had to do something special with my nails! Luckily I had gotten my BOGO promo order from Zoya the week before so I had some new pretties to play around with. I chose Zoya Dakota as a base color. I love how glossy this polish is even without topcoat!
Taken indoors, no flash. 2 coats of polish, no topcoat.

Taken outdoors, 2 coats of polish with topcoat.

Then I used Essie As Good as Gold for a funky french tip:
Taken indoors with flash
And stamped with the same using Cheeky Jumbo Plate H:
 Taken indoors with flash.

Taken in full sun

I kind of wish I had stopped there but I had really wanted to use Zoya Katherine also since, you know NYFW 2012 collection, it was FNO, yada yada yada. Oh well, here's what my nails looked like layered with one coat of Katherine:

Still pretty, but not as blingy as before. So when you make a boo boo what do you do? Add glitter! I used Sonoma Polish Clockwork on the tips to bring that bling feel back:

Ahhhhh! Much better! 

And what is FNO without some swag? There were no freebies in town but I did find a store with butter London polishes and 20% off everything in the store!
 Tramp Stamp and Dodgy Barnett from Macey's
Facinator, scarf and a back-up tin of Smith's Rosebud Salve from The Village Emporium


So how about you? Did any of you have fun during FNO? Tell me all about it!

No comments: