Thursday, May 3, 2012

What I Wore to my Friend's Wedding

A couple weeks ago a very good friend of mine from school got married and asked me to do her nails for the big day. I was still in school at the time and got to give her a mani/pedi (and get credit for it too, bwahahaha!) For her toes she chose Wet n Wild Blue Wants to be a Millionaire. On her fingers she went with a variation of a manicure she'd seen online. The original was a pale gold with a champagne-colored glitter gradient on the tips, her variation was a pale blue with a silver glitter gradient. We used Maybelline Wet Shine Diamond Gems in Sparkling Opal as the base color and Nicole by OPI Make U Smile for the gradient.

Of course I still had to get my own nails done once I got home! For a base I chose Pure Ice Jaguar and layered a coat of L'Oreal Silver Sparkle over it and a coat of a self-made flakie polish (Angel's Breath, made from TKB's flakies) over that. Of course it was cloudy and I was under time constraints so I wasn't able to get any photos of my base color alone but here's a photo of the polishes I used, and one of the finished mani:


I'm so happy for my friend. I hope her and her husband have a long and happy relationship together <3

No comments: